I’m really pleased to announce that the Social Media Simplicity training programme is now live. I’ve really enjoyed creating this social media training programme and just know you are going to find it extremely valuable in establishing your company across the social media networks.
This social media training is split into 8 sessions. Each session is designed to let you learn at your pace through a variety of media, however you will see results in under 60 days!
For more information on the social media simplicity training course please visit: http://www.socialmediasimplicity.co.uk
Many marketers today still ask the question; what is social media? They are unsure how to market themselves effectively across the social media networks.
We all know that social media marketing is the number one way to drive highly targeted traffic to our website enabling us to build our list. However sometimes it can be a little overwhelming when you have such a vast choice of networks to choose from.
If you would like to receive some clarity as to which social media channels will benefit your business in the most effective way, then simply click below and find out how to claim a complimentary copy of my social media marketing guide!
>>>>> Free Social Media Guide! <<<<<<
When working closely with local and national businesses, I am often asked the question, “What sort of content shall I put on my Facebook page?” It’s actually a good question, as you really don’t want to just start populating your page with non relevant content, so what follows are 5 important tips for valuable content creation for your Facebook page.
- Create “How to guides” in your chosen niche. This is a very popular, simple, yet effective strategy to implement. Why not choose to do this by filming a 3 or 5 part series on your video camera or webcam and post it to “YouTube”. This way you are giving the viewer a reason to return to your Facebook page at a later date to get the link to view the following video.
- Celebrate Success, and customer success. Again an effective tip, but often overlooked as we really don’t like to over promote our own success, (and this is right to a certain extent). However, we should certainly be celebrating the success of our customers, especially if they have gained that success from using either your product or service. This will also prove to be an exceptional form of testimonial, and we should never underestimate the power that these provide.
- Daily tips. If you really want to get your fans and subscribers to return to your page day after day, then what better way than creating a daily tips feature! This can be as simple as you like. Look on the forums and other social media platforms and see what questions people are asking in your niche, and this can always form the basis of your daily tips by answering their questions.
- Interview an expert or a customer. A great way for creating powerful content is to interview an expert in your chosen niche. Don’t be put off by thinking, “why would an expert want to be interviewed by me?” Look, many of the experts in my industry have said to me on many occasions that they actually don’t get that many requests for interviews, and it’s a bit of a myth that they refuse most requests…so hey, what have you got to lose? Simply record the interview over skype or if meeting in person on an mp3 voice recorder. Interviewing a customer who has used your product or service and seen results gives you great credibility and it will also give them and their business well needed exposure so are pretty unlikely to refuse your request.
- Report on breaking news in your industry. Finally, you need to make yourself the authority in your chosen niche and be seen as the ‘go to’ person in your industry. To achieve this you really need to have your finger on the pulse and be ahead of the game where breaking news or latest techniques etc are released. Customers will expect you to be knowledgeable on these subjects, and will be coming to your page to get all the latest information from you.
This list is not exhaustive and there are a number of other points that I will be picking up on in future posts. Remeber to always give value on your Facebook page, giving your customer that all important reason to return.
It’s in your own interests and that of your business objectives to ensure people follow you back on twitter. You cannot always rely on twitter etiquette! Following these 5 tips will set you on your way to making sure this happens, and that people who are targeted connections can begin interacting with you on this powerful platform.
- Ensure that you add a personal photo to your profile, and remove the “egg” as soon as possible. This probably seems too obvious to be a tip, but how many profiles have you come across recently and noticed that the person following you hasn’t even added a profile photo? Don’t add a logo, the whole point of social media is the personal relationship building that occurs naturally, and this just won’t happen if you add a faceless logo to your twitter profile! The emotional connection that is needed just will not evolve using a logo, so show your face, despite what you may think, people want to see YOU! Continue reading “5 Simple Tips To Ensure People Follow You Back On Twitter.” »
As most businesses are now embracing social media to get ahead of the competition and reach their target audience, should the training and development industry ditch traditional learning methods in favour of networks such as Google+ and twitter? Well, whatever your view, one thing is for sure, social media is certainly changing the way we run our companies, and if businesses within the training industry fail to engage and involve themselves wholeheartedly then they will undoubtedly get left behind. With regard to training and development in 2012 and beyond, future learning will no doubt become much more collaborative as new delivery methods that you can instil straight away become more prevalent. Continue reading “Using Social Media Within the Training and Development Industry.” »
So the new timeline for Facebook pages is here, and goes live on 30th March 2012! I have just shot this short video to give you a brief overview as to the changes that will be taking place over the coming weeks.
So you’re looking at promoting your Facebook page? You have a business page, it looks great – you hired a recommended designer and have heard all the stories about how people have monetized their Facebook pages, and you’re wondering how you can do the same; and what steps you need to take. Continue reading “So What Now? Promoting Your Facebook Page.” »