When working closely with local and national businesses, I am often asked the question, “What sort of content shall I put on my Facebook page?” It’s actually a good question, as you really don’t want to just start populating your page with non relevant content, so what follows are 5 important tips for valuable content creation for your Facebook page.
- Create “How to guides” in your chosen niche. This is a very popular, simple, yet effective strategy to implement. Why not choose to do this by filming a 3 or 5 part series on your video camera or webcam and post it to “YouTube”. This way you are giving the viewer a reason to return to your Facebook page at a later date to get the link to view the following video.
- Celebrate Success, and customer success. Again an effective tip, but often overlooked as we really don’t like to over promote our own success, (and this is right to a certain extent). However, we should certainly be celebrating the success of our customers, especially if they have gained that success from using either your product or service. This will also prove to be an exceptional form of testimonial, and we should never underestimate the power that these provide.
- Daily tips. If you really want to get your fans and subscribers to return to your page day after day, then what better way than creating a daily tips feature! This can be as simple as you like. Look on the forums and other social media platforms and see what questions people are asking in your niche, and this can always form the basis of your daily tips by answering their questions.
- Interview an expert or a customer. A great way for creating powerful content is to interview an expert in your chosen niche. Don’t be put off by thinking, “why would an expert want to be interviewed by me?” Look, many of the experts in my industry have said to me on many occasions that they actually don’t get that many requests for interviews, and it’s a bit of a myth that they refuse most requests…so hey, what have you got to lose? Simply record the interview over skype or if meeting in person on an mp3 voice recorder. Interviewing a customer who has used your product or service and seen results gives you great credibility and it will also give them and their business well needed exposure so are pretty unlikely to refuse your request.
- Report on breaking news in your industry. Finally, you need to make yourself the authority in your chosen niche and be seen as the ‘go to’ person in your industry. To achieve this you really need to have your finger on the pulse and be ahead of the game where breaking news or latest techniques etc are released. Customers will expect you to be knowledgeable on these subjects, and will be coming to your page to get all the latest information from you.
This list is not exhaustive and there are a number of other points that I will be picking up on in future posts. Remeber to always give value on your Facebook page, giving your customer that all important reason to return.